Job Opportunity - Project Management & Administrative Support
Skateboard GB and Breaking GB are seeking shared full-time project management and administrative support. This is a new role which will be employed by Skateboard GB, but works across both organisations.
The role will have an administrative support remit for both governing bodies as well as setting up and operating a Volunteer Team Attaché Programme to support the two sports as they travel to international competitions and events
Flexibility is required and some weekend work may be required on occasion.
The successful candidate will possess strong administrative, communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written skills, have excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to instructions under a minimum of supervision and have experience of working in project management, together with a basic understanding of budgets & finance.
12 hours a week.
To provide project management and administration support, specifically in the organisation and delivery of SBGB’s Anti-Doping Education Strategy, Athlete Wellbeing Programme and competition/event logistics, such as arranging travel and accommodation.
12 hours a week.
To provide project management and administration support, specifically for BGB’s Anti-Doping responsibilities, communications and competition/event logistics, such as arranging travel and accommodation. There is also a requirement to undertake basic booking-keeping tasks.
Team Attaché Project:
12 hours a week.
To develop a programme which includes recruitment, training and allocation of a team of volunteer attaches who will support SBGB and GBB at international competitions/events. These attaches could act as safeguarding lead, chaperone and offer logistical support the Team Manager or Head Coach at international events/competitions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written skills
• Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power point and Teams.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to instructions under a minimum of supervision to tight deadlines
• In understanding of basic book-keeping tasks, including managing budgets.
• Able to deliver and perform under pressure in a dynamic and diverse environment.
• Able to demonstrate initiative and the ability to build positive relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Have demonstratable experience of flexible working with ability to vary work patterns, learn new skills and prioritise tasks to meet the changing needs of the business.
• Be able to demonstrate a high level of integrity, maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive material.
• Qualified to degree level
• Demonstratable knowledge of Anti-Doping and Wellbeing in sport
• Knowledge of elite/Olympic sport
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 per annum
Location: Home based, with occasional travel
Contract type: Fixed Term to 1 April 2025
How to Apply
SBGB is fully committed to equality of opportunity for all and aims to select people based on their skills, abilities, experience, knowledge and, where appropriate, qualifications and training.
To apply, please send a covering letter stating how you meet the person specification and why you are suitable for the role, and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 26th May 2023.
Interviews will take place on 14th June 2023.