Job opportunity - Chair of the board
We are seeking an exceptional individual to serve as the Chair of the Board for Breaking GB. This is a rare opportunity to be at the forefront of the ongoing development of a National Governing Body (NGB) in a rapidly evolving sporting landscape. The Chair will play a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction of the organization, overseeing key initiatives, working with key sponsors, and ensuring the long-term success of breaking in Britain.
Breaking GB is a dynamic and visionary non-profit organisation leading the efforts across the UK to establish breaking as a premier sporting discipline in Britain. As the official national organisation, supported by UKSport, Breaking GB is driving the development and growth of this electrifying art form, recently turned Olympic sport. Paris 2024 is the first Olympics.
Organisation: Breaking GB
Contract type: Volunteer
Closing date: 8 September 2023
• Provide strategic leadership and guidance to the Board of Directors, ensuring alignment with the vision and mission of Breaking GB.
• Drive the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic plan, taking into account the unique challenges and opportunities of establishing and developing breaking as an Olympic sport in the country.
• Foster effective relationships with key stakeholders: government bodies, sports organizations, sponsors, community partners and the Breaking GB Council to promote the growth and recognition of breaking in Britain.
• Oversee the recruitment and management of the executive team, ensuring the organization has the right talent to execute its strategic objectives.
• Champion diversity, inclusivity, and equality within the sport, working towards creating an environment that welcomes and supports athletes of all backgrounds.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience in project management, preferably in the sports or non-profit sector, with a proven track record of successfully delivering complex initiatives.
• Strong leadership abilities, with the capacity to inspire and motivate a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
• Exceptional strategic thinking and decision-making skills, enabling effective planning and execution of Breaking GB's long-term objectives.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at all levels. Ideally with evidence of an existing strong network of potential sponsors.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, with a focus on promoting accessibility and equal opportunities within the sport.
Join us in shaping the future of breaking in Britain and be part of a ground-breaking movement that is transforming the cultural and sporting landscape. This is an extraordinary opportunity to leave a lasting legacy in the world of sport and be an integral part of the exciting journey towards establishing breaking as a respected and celebrated Olympic sport in our country.
How to apply: To apply, please submit your comprehensive resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and vision for Breaking GB's future to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday 22nd September. Interviews will be conducted from week commencing 29th September. Breaking GB is committed to equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. If you have any questions about the role or if you would like further information about Breaking GB, then please arrange a call with one of our existing Board members through the email above.